Command Line Access
The Storefront Cloud CLI tool is designed to let you manage your Storefront Cloud namespaces. Most of the operations are available for the user as a self service. In case of any problems or custom needs, please contact the Helpdesk
Shortly after you register your account on the storefrontcloud.io site, you should receive a contact request from the Cloud Team. Then after agreeing on the service terms and conditions, the Cloud Team will provide you with:
- kube.config file that you can paste or import to this tool for getting access to your Kubernetes cluster,
- login and password to the Storefront Cloud Code Access portal.
Here are the setup steps for getting access to your cloud:
node 8.x+, yarn):
git clone https://github.com/StorefrontCloud/storefrontcloud-cli.git` cd storefrontcloud-cli yarn install
Please do run:
node scripts/cli.js setup
- The setup wizard will ask you first about the kube.config file. You can save the file received from the Cloud Team to your local file system (for example: ~/.kube/config which is the default path) OR you can use your default system editor to paste the config content directly during the setup.
- Then you have the option to use your existing kubectl tool. If you haven't used it before the setup will download and install the tool to the current working directory.
- The last question is about the default namespace. Please check the architecture diagram above. In our case, we provide the demo-storefrontcloud-io default namespace. That means that all subsequent calls will be made to the public instance of demo.storefrontcloud.io PODs. You can switch the default namespace by using the
node scripts/cli.js namespacecommand OR using the
--ns commandwhich is supported by all cli commands.