How Vue Storefront extensions look like?
Depending on needs Vue Storefront extensions can have two parts:
- Client-side part which is just a Vue Storefront module. It covers most of the use cases.
- Server-side part which is a Vue Storefront API extension and should be used if you want to add some endpoints to
vue-storefront-apior interact with Elastic Search.
Where extensions are located
- On the client side extension modules should be placed in
vue-storefrontor installed via NPM cli and registered in
- On the server side extensions should be placed in
vue-storefront-apiand registered in config file
If you are writing VS extension as an NPM module start package name with
vsf- prefix so it can be transpiled with other VS code and ship it as a raw es6/typescript module. If you don't use the prefix you need to handle transpilation by yourself. We are currently building extension boilerplate to make it easier to develop one.
Here you can find two articles explaining how to create custom Vue Storefront extensions:
- How to create an Instagram Feed module for Vue Storefront by Javier Villanueva
- Developing a Vue Storefront payment module by Dmitry Schegolikhin from Develo Design
IMPORTANT If you are an extension developer please join
#extension-dev channel on our slack to receive information about important API updates and new features
You can find a curated list of VS extensions in Awesome Vue Storefront list.